Welcome to the home page of Sequoia High School’s PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) in Redwood City, California! Sequoia’s PTSA is a vital part of the school community, and we would love for you to join us.
Sequoia PTSA membership is voluntary – which means you are not automatically a member as is the case in some middle school PTOs and parent organizations – but joining is easy! Click here to sign up yourself and your student as PTSA members.
- Next PTSA/ELAC Meeting – Tuesday, November 5th, 7 to 9 pm in MPR
- Mini-Grant applications will be open from Wednesday, October 16th to Friday, November 1st
- Reflections entry form is due on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 by 3 PM in the Attendance Office
- PTSA memberships for the 2019-2020 school year are available at our PTSA store.
Sequoia Needs You
Your continued involvement in your child’s school shows that you care about your child’s education and support the programs it offers, while giving you an opportunity to connect with other like-minded parents. Research shows that students have greater success in school when their parents are involved – a win-win to be sure!
In addition to the PTSA, here are some other ways you can help Sequoia. Consider a donation to:
- Sequoia High School Education Foundation (shsef.org) which raises funds for academic enrichment programs, teacher and staff professional development, student and family support and more!
- Sequoia Business Sponsor Program – Sequoia High School invites businesses, foundations and nonprofits to partner in providing our students with a high quality, well-rounded public education. We rely on our community’s generosity to achieve fundraising goals, which will help bridge the gap between state and federal funding to ensure that every student has the opportunity to reach their highest potential. View more information here.
- Support school spirit and join Sequoia High School Sports Boosters (sites.google.com/site/sequoiaboosterclub/) whose mission is to support students participating in all sports with uniforms, transportation, and more!
We Welcome Everyone!
Choose what fits your lifestyle and interests: sell concessions at a sporting event, plan graduation activities, proctor an IB exam, or volunteer at a staff appreciation lunch. While you don’t need to become a member of the PTSA in order to be involved, your membership dues help fund some of our activities. Go to the Sequoia PTSA store, or our Become A Member page.
We meet the first Tuesday of the month at 7 PM in the Multi-purpose Room. The closest parking to the MPR is the James Street parking lot. We try to keep our meetings short, interesting, and informative.