The deadline to submit applications is Sunday, April 23, 2023,
at 10:00 PM.
The Sequoia PTSA started the tradition of giving awards to juniors in 2011 so they can include the award on college applications. Also, juniors who apply will have a head start on their college applications since this scholarship application requires input from Naviance and mimics the University of California application prompts. Most importantly, we want to recognize those students who are making Sequoia High School and their surrounding community a better place. We hope the prestige of winning this award will help them pursue their dreams and provide some extra money for continuing their education. This year multiple awards of at least $250 to offer. Awards are granted in these categories:
- Academic Success – A student with a strong academic record or evidence of consistent improvement
- Community Service – A student who has worked to improve the school or community
- Resilience – A student who has overcome personal challenges in achieving academic success, pursuing community service, or making the Sequoia community better.
Junior Class Achievement Award Application
Applicants must be a member of the Sequoia PTSA. Not sure if you are a current member of the PTSA? Check our Membership List. Students can join PTSA online or fill out a form at the College& Career Center, the Family Center, or the Treasurer’s Office and attach a check for $20 dues. If the dues would be a financial hardship, mark that box on the application form.
To apply for the scholarship, students must submit their transcripts and respond to the two questions in written form (from four question prompt options). All information you submit will be kept confidential unless student safety is a concern. Detailed instructions are included in the application:
1. PREPARE: Click here to review previous years’ application questions
2. APPLY: Click here to complete the application.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, April 23, 2023, at 10:00 PM.
If you have any questions, contact us at SequoiaPTSA@gmail.com.